COVID-19 FACE COVERING REQUIREMENT FOR HOUSTON
Per the city's new policy, all guests are required to do the following:
- Wear a face covering when entering the restaurant & anytime when not at your table
- Maintain 6ft. social distance from other customers
- Don't enter if you feel sick or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive
Exceptions include customers under the age of 10 or when consuming food/beverages at your table.
*If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.*
To our loyal guests, Berg Hospitality Group (BHG) has gone through great lengths to ensure that all federal and state guidelines have been implemented and adhered to as we work through the challenges presented by COVID19. In addition to strictly following the diligent and necessary protocols as outlined below by the Texas Restaurant Association in its "Texas Restaurant Promise" and the CDC (i.e. conducting shift health screenings and temperature readings prior to employees entering the building), additional measures have been taken, including a mandatory companywide pledge signed by all staff stating that they are practicing these guidelines and policies while at work and outside of work. To ensure the safety of our guests, staff and vendors, we are handling the positive tests of employees in the following way:
- BHG is requiring same-day testing of all employees every 2 weeks, and any employee who tests positive will be removed immediately and asked to quarantine for 2 weeks.
- BHG will have the restaurant immediately and thoroughly sanitized by a professional biohazard remediation company.
- The restaurant managers will continue to take all employee's temperatures, conduct the health surveys and review them before any staff member is allowed inside the building.
- ALL employees are required to wear a mask at all times while they are in the restaurant.
As Governor Abbott stated yesterday, this environment is something we are going to have to live with until the numbers go down. We are doing all of this because it is the right thing to do to provide the safest possible dining environment. Houston, we will beat this and come out stronger and pull together as one. Thank you again for your support, and we hope to see you soon.
THE TEXAS RESTAURANT PROMISE
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
- We will continue to be a leader in safe sanitation practices with all team members certified in safe food handling and a certified manager on every shift.
- All employees will pass a health check or complete a health survey prior to each shift.
- All indoor and outdoor seating options will comply with the appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer or hand washing stations will be available to all customers and employees. These products are NSF-certified, FDA food code compliant and in accordance with the CDC-recommended 60% alcohol.
- We will clean and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly.
- We will clean and sanitize each dining area after every use.
- Place settings, utensils, menus, and condiments will either be single-use or will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- All chefs, kitchen staff and bartenders are outfitted with FDA food code compliant gloves and masks that are worn during the preparation of any consumable food product.
- All staff are also thoroughly washing their hands, keeping their arms clean, and following every recommended cleaning procedure. We also work with the best food suppliers in the country who are proactively following CDC guidelines and aligning themselves with current best practices.
YOUR PROMISE TO US
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath), please help us keep everyone safe by using our contactless delivery options.
- If you have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19, please feel free to use our contactless delivery options.
- You agree to follow the social distancing and sanitary guidelines that have been put in place to protect you and our other customers and employees.
- If you have any questions about the Texas Restaurant Promise, please ask for a manager who will be happy to assist you.